Saturday, January 12, 2008

January 2008 12 of 12

I got a late start with the 366 challenge and have been trying to catch up over the last couple of days. So I decided to get an early start on this challenge today. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to present the whole days worth of shots, but I think doing just one post with all the photos inserted makes the most sense for this challenge. The amaryllis I received for Christmas bloomed this evening. I saw this as a photo op for the 366 challenge so I added it to that blog. That first one was before midnight so I left my camera and tripod setup and took some more right after 12 a.m. Since I had my equipment out and set up, I continued on by taking some shots of my hoard of coins.



12:01 a.m. - My living room, Upper Darby, PA


12:05 a.m - My living room again

Here again I went on a walk around the neighborhood looking for subjects for one of my 366 themes. I thought this would do for the flag theme.

2:23 p.m. Upper Darby, PA

Just what I thought to be an interesting alley along the way.

2:34 p.m. Upper Darby, PA

I always see these stone and mortar walls throughout the Philly suburbs and thought they would make interesting subjects. I was reminded of Bill Z's fence photo and decided to do it at a similar perspective. Didn't know what theme it would fit in with the 366 when I took it, but used it as my "Jagged" theme.

2:40 p.m. Upper Darby, PA

Couldn't let the day go by without trying my infared filter.

2:48 p.m. Upper Darby, PA


Stopped at the local diner. Outside at the corner I saw my "Sign" theme for my 366.

3:28 p.m. Upper Darby, PA


Gave the infared filter one more try, but it really works better with live vegatation and skies.

4:54 p.m. Upper Darby, PA


This is me at halftime ...go Packers. I'm not much for taking photos of myself, but this will take care of the "Self Portrait" theme for the 366.

6:16 p.m. Upper Darby, PA


Had to buy a few groceries at the supermarket.

8:18 p.m. Clifton Heights, PA


8:19 p.m. Clifton Heights, PA

One last photo to round out the twelve. This one fits the "Sparkle" theme for the 366. ...taken with an eight pointed star filter.

9:36 p.m. Upper Darby, PA

14 comments:

Dogeared said...

Welcome to 12 of 12! It's a fun project, and you get to see what everyone got up to for the day!

Scooter said...

Great pix. It's great to have another person share their day.

Anonymous said...

Great shots! I can never work up the nerve to take pictures inside the supermarket ;)

And I think you just convinced me that I need to get an infrared filter ... :P

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great shots! And welcome to 12 of 12!! :)

Dogeared said...

It might be easier just to link to Chad's January 12 of 12 list, as not everyone manages 12 of 12 each month (and I don't know everyone would want to be linked to - bit hard to go asking everyone!)

Oh and Tesco is a supermarket in the UK - I just bought two of their ready meals, but they were healthy veggie ones! The one I did for 12 of 12 was lovely. The root vegetable stew I was saving for today (and looking forward to) was horrible!

Kayte said...

Hibe - thanks so much for stopping by my blog! And so considerate of you to ask about the linking - I'm more than fine with it :)

This is my first year doing 12 of 12 as well - I'm really looking forward to participating, as well as seeing everyone else's year in pictures!

I have a Canon Rebel Xti with all the basics - a brand new Christmas present :) What do you have? Looks like you have lots of neat attachments n' such. I'll have to learn more about them!

Thanks again for stopping by - I'll try to keep track of you 366 as well. It looks like you have really exceeded at this hobby!

Sunny Archibald said...

I enjoyed seeing your pictures. I love that eight point star filter. It's nice that you can walk around town.... Thanks again for mentioning the 12 of 12.

Bonnie said...

How beautiful!

BU said...

Nice pictures, welcome to the 12 of 12 fold!

Elaine said...

The infrared filter shots produced great effects!

Zippy said...

The infrared filter is really cool. I'm a little confused as to what the 366 is, but it's producing some cool shots for sure!

Susan said...

how fun to get some of your 366 photos done to share!! great views!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm impressed. You have quite the eye. Your photos are incredible. Thanks. Jennica, Frederick, MD

Linda said...

Great photos! Your filters make some cool images. :)