Thursday, March 13, 2008

March 2008 12 of 12 - Moving

I've subtitled this months 12 of 12 "Moving". I'm in the middle of packing and hauling myself to Hackettstown NJ ...all for the job. It's pretty much a sideways move form my previous position, but just a little better course, budget, and staff... not to mention a nicer area to live in despite being New Jersey.


4:45 am Upper Darby, PA

Okay, it's a mess. I'm in the middle of getting it all packed and moved, but I don't have an apartment until the 15th so I've been packing and taking a few boxes every other day for the last couple weeks. I've been staying at a local motel on the company on the odd days, but I need to finish packing everything by Friday so I've been packing, hauling, and commuting everyday this week.

5:30 am Upper Darby, PA

See the two windows to the right of the door and at the top of the building? That's my apartment. I don't mind walking up and down the steps for the most part, but I made the trip seven and 1/2 times this morning with boxes, framed "artwork", clubs, computer, and my trusty camera bag.

5:39 am Havertown, PA (outside the Dunkin Doughnuts)

My sugar hasn't tested that high since I went on meds three years ago. No breakfast, all those stairs... it's hard to explain why it's that high. I did take it again right away thinking it was a mistake. It came down 50 points. Maybe the meter was too cold from sitting in the truck all night, but it will let me know when the temperature is out of range?

6:52 am Route 22, Easton PA

Traffic was fine on the N.E. extention of the PA Turnpike. Then I ran into this in Easton just before the bridge to New Jersey. ...disabled car in the right lane on the bridge.

12:29 pm Hackettstown, NJ

I'm taking this from my truck parked in front of our maitenance barn. It's deciding whether to rain or sleet right now, so you know it's pretty cold, right? Here are some nut jobs playing. I'll never understand or love any game so much that I will play under these kind of conditions.

3:08 pm Hackettstown, NJ

Me at my desk. The office is a work in progress. (You should have seen how much of a mess it was before I started.)

4:09 pm Hackettstown NJ

Here's the maintenance barn. It's not as dirty as it is disorganized.

5:24 pm N.E. Extention of the PA Turnpike

Going home and traffic is moving good.

6:05 pm Interstate 476 South

...also known as the "Blue Route". ...today, it's a parking lot.

8:46 pm Media PA

I will miss this place... Iron Hill Brew Pub. Good food, great beer. There's a brew pub 5 miles down the road from my new digs. I will have to check it out, but it will have a lot to live up to.

8:47 pm Media, PA

Andy tending bar... great guy, bad photo. I tried to catch him too quick in low light.

9:21 pm Upper Darby, PA

Back home... Time to pack a few more boxes before I hit the sack and do it all again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

Good luck finishing the move - it's a tough job!

Linda Judd said...

Gary! Whew! I don't envy you one bit! Sounds like an exhausting regime. Now I know why you haven't had time to update your 366 Photos blog lately. You have a perfectly ligitimate excuse.