Monday, January 12, 2009

January 2009 12 of 12 - Winter Wonderland

Credit for the "12 of 12" goes to Chad Darnell. This is the fourth year for the 12 of 12, but only my second.

A new year fresh with new hope ...a blank canvas for us to paint our lives anew.

Okay, enough with waxing poetic. I had to work most of the day pushing snow with a front end loader, shoveling, and salting walks. Not really a bad day though considering we are going into a deep freeze for the better part of a week in a couple of days. So here's my 12 to start the new year.

Oh! I almost forgot. I just got a new camera, a Nikon D90. So all my photos will be taken with it. There are some new things I can do with it, but I'm still learning.

Hackettstown, NJ - 5:40 am

Up a little later than usual. I guess I hit the snooze bar a few times.

6:10 am

Fly Eagles fly... Just a coincidence that my vitamin suplement was mixed in my Eagles glass. Had that glass like 25 years or more. Glad to see them win. I'm excited at the possibility of an all Pennsylvania Superbowl. We'll see in one more week.

6:17 am

My morning latte. I can use my wireless flash capibilities of my SB800 now I have the D90.

Hackettstown, NJ - 1:59 pm

I've been working on the parking lot and walks all day. Finally done so I'm getting out on the course to check it out and take a few photos of the winterscapes.

2:00 pm

2:05 pm

A little brook that runs through the course.

2:18 pm

I guess some geese are just too lazy to fly south or maybe they fly down from the Canadian Maritimes and this is warm to them. Just wait till he end of the week. They'll wish they had kept flying south.

2:35 pm

A few more snow scenes.

2:36 pm

2:36 pm

2:53 pm

Back at the barn. Here's Jac and another chance to use the off camera flash.




Hackettstown, NJ - 8:45 pm

I had a late lunch, so I just had some peanut butter celery, and a red pear for a late dinner ...of course a latte as well. I'm really like working with the wireless flash. I'm going to have lots of fun with this camera ...not that I didn't with my D40.






Bonus Pic
<

Disney Hollywood Studios - December 22, 2008

I know it's way past Christmas, but since I my photos themed on a winter wonderland, I thought I would throw this one in ...very colorful and festive. (Just for those not in the know, Disney Hollywood Studios is a theme park at Walt Disney World in Orlando, not in California)

3 comments:

Dogeared said...

The winter scenes are really lovely, Hibe - keep enjoying the new camera and learning!

Sunny Archibald said...

Awesome that you have a new camera, Gary. Love the snow shots.

Sunny Archibald said...

Gary - I haven't been on PCEC lately, either.....only to post that I had completed my 12 of 12. I did put some pics on Picasa... http://picasaweb.google.com/sunny.archibald/Malta#

I'll be putting more there as I finish working with them in LR. You'll love LR.....just be patient if it's giving you fits.