Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 2009 12 of 12 - One More Day in the Life...

Credit for the 12 of 12 goes to Chad Darnell of course.

Nothing spectacular was going on this month, just another day of working and living. Found myself kind of busy through much of my work day, so I didn’t take many photos between mid morning and late afternoon. I was busy making some drawings for a project we are trying to push through as quick as we can. I’m starting to get settled in at work, but nothing ever goes 100% as planned. That’s just typical of everyone’s working life I suppose.

So here’s my 12…


3:36 am - Upper Darby, PA

The Moon was screaming so bright this morning it woke me up. So I finally got up a half hour early and took this shot.
5:08 am -City Line Ave, Philadelphia, PA

This is my morning commute... not much traffic, but plenty of lights.
6:58 am - Roxborough Section of Philadelphia

Here's a little conflict of purpose... a golf course along side a busy thoroughfare. Of course most of the city courses have to deal with noise from traffic to a certain extent.
7:09 am - Roxborough

Here's my creature feature for this month.
7:28 am - Roxborough

Here's one of my crew cutting a fairway in the morning dew.
7:47 am - Maintenance Barn

The Daily Grind... Here's my Equipment Tech grinding a bedknife for one of our greens mower units. Much of his day is spent either adjusting or sharpening the mowers.
3:49 pm - Roxborough

Okay, so it's a double creature feature. He (or she) was still going from limb to limb looking for a meal or two. If you ever want to find a dying tree just listen for the rapping of a wood pecker.
5:17 pm - City Line Ave

A little more traffic on the evening commute. 12 to 15 minute morning drive turns into a 35 to 50 minute ride home at this time of day.
5:29 pm - City Line Ave

At least I can enjoy the scenery on my afternoon commute.
5:50 pm - Drexel Hill, PA

I have to stop at my bank to get some money. The bar I'm going to doesn't except cards, so it's cash or wash the dishes.


7:20 pm - Morton, PA

Ahhhh... nothing like a nice pint of beer. This is my second, hmmm... maybe my third, but I was so hungry I forgot to take a photo of my dinner before I ate it all.
7:48 pm - Morton, PA

Here's Victor my bartender manning his station. His attention was diverted by the the TV as the Phillies got another hit on their way to beating the Dodgers.





















Well that's all for this month. Kind of boring, but maybe I'll have something of more interest next month. Remember, if you want to see exactly where I took each shot the GPS data is embedded in the EXIF. (The GPS data maybe missing or inaccurate for some of the indoor shots)

7 comments:

Chris said...

Woodpeckers ... beer ... mmm, beer.

I really like the photo from your morning commute.

Nice 12 :)

~Sheryl said...

Awesome moon shot!! Nice 12 of 12. Thanks for sharing your day.

~S

Pete Cullen said...

Hey Gary, well you've certainly moved to a very nice environment. I can see that can see some serious creativity flourish there.

Sunny Archibald said...

Great shots, as always. I love your creature shots. The moon is gorgeous. I hope you're happy to be back in Philadelphia. I love the shot of the guy mowing....reminds me of childhood summers on the golf course....kids only got to be on the course without a parent on Mondays when the mowing and watering got done. I loved the cool early morning air, the smells and the sound of the sprinklers. Fun times.

Scooter said...

What GREAT pix you took. I always look forward to you 12 of 12...but these were incredible.
Loved the woodpecker. Thanks for sharing your amazing day with us!

Dogeared said...

I'm curious as to how you create your posts, because the captions are all bunched together up the side, so the first two you can read while their photos are on screen, but then you have to keep scrolling up and down to read the comment and see the photo. Do you use the Blogger upload tool by any chance?

It might be easier for you to upload them to Photobucket and then just paste the URL code in (and use Firefox, not IE). Everything seems to work with spacing that way, for some reason! (it took me months to figure that out...).

Hope you're enjoying being back in Philly :-)

Hibe said...

Helen,

Yes, I'm using the Blogger upload tool. I'm not sure why you're having problems. Could be the way your browser is interpreting Blogger's syntax. I'll have to look into it and see if this is a known problem within Blogger. I have some space VioVio where I keep some of my photos. I could use that instead of Photobucket. I'll try something different this month. Let me know if it works.

Hope your trip to see Christin is/was fun filled. Wish I could go too. I could use a vacation right about now.