Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 2010 12 of 12

With new projects, record temperatures, and no rain, I've been crazy busy for the past 2 months. I haven't even found time to upload last months pics, but since we had more than just a little rain over the last few days, I can find a little time for myself. YEA! Well, here's my day.

5:39 am - Philadelphia, PA (Roxborogh)

Just arrive at work to be greeted by this sunrise.














7:02 am - Roxborough

Caught this web and spider with help from a flash.














4:13 pm - Roxborough

Been busy all day long. finally found time to run around and snap a few more pics on the course. We have hundreds of these chipmunks running around.












4:16 pm - Roxborough

At the base of the uprooted tree I captured in the last pic, I find a yellow jackets nest. Here's one emerging from the nest.



4:22 pm - Roxborough

Just the traffic light at the cart crossing.



















4:39 pm - back at the office.

Lucky gets impatient while I try to take a few pictures, so she rubs against the corner of a book.














5:32 pm - Manyunk section of Philadelphia

Down at the brew pub. No shots of food or beer this month. Here is a old railroad bridge across the Schuylkill river. The Manyunk Brewery has a huge deck along with several bars and two floors of indoor seating. I usually sit inside, but the weather was nice and there are some nice views out here.












5:34 pm - Manyunk

Some nice stuff to shoot out here on the deck.


5:35 pm - Manyunk

Bad hair day for this Tiki.




















6:31 pm - Manyunk

Down below the deck were tied up these 4 Dragon boats.














7:00 pm - Upper Darby, PA

Back home. Have to brave the pouring rain while I run across the street from the parking lot to my apartment. Time for a pic or two while I wait for the deluge to at least slow down.













9:36 pm - Upper Darby

Finally got the "monster" put together with all the wiring and lighting. A few tweaks left to do and of course the piece de resistance. Hope to have that done by next month.












That's all for this month. see you in August.

1 comment:

Sunny Archibald said...

Hi, Gary. That tiny chipmunk is adorable. Why is it that rodents with furry tails are cute, while rodents with bare tails are disgusting? Your wall unit is looking good. I really enjoyed the pictures taken in town after work. What a nice place to hang. See you next month.