Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 2008 12 of 12 ...Zoom Zoom Zoom

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom... That's my theme for this month. I got a new toy... Sigma 150-500mm OS Lens. So I will throwing up some tight shots. My day started early... got to work at 3:49 am. I had to irrigate which meant I had to get wet. So I really couldn't risk bringing my camera with me for most of the morning.


3:49 am - Hackettstown, NJ

Okay, here I am at work to water my tees and greens... Oh Joy! Now... to turn on the lights.
3:49 am

There, that's better... or is it? Yeah, it's a little blurry, but at this time of morning, what did you expect? No more pics for a while going to be really busy for the next several hours.
11:18 am

Okay done with irrigation for now. This poor little frog pond is all but dried up. There's barely enough water to keep these little frog's butts wet. I felt sorry for them so I hooked up a hose to the irrigation system and ran it to the pond. More on this later.




11:45 am

Here's a view of the gold dome to the main building at Centenary College. I figure it's about 2 miles away.
12:12 pm

I put the hose in the end of the pond away from where are the frogs were. At 125 psi, it could blow them right out of the water... literally. As soon as I turned it on and they heard the water they came a runnin (make that "hoppin"). This little fellow was enjoying being right up there, getting splashed by the water being tossed by the force of the hose.


3:24 pm

More happy frogs. which brings up the question... How many of these fellows do you have to date before you find your prince charming girls?


3:32 pm

Another froggy pond this one has a fountain which we run to try to keep some water in it, but it does dry up faster than the other.






3:46 pm

Just a photo of a weedy flower rising above the hay. Queen Annes Lace I think?
3:49 pm

Looking for a perspective shot. Here the golfer has hit his shot and you see the ball in the foreground hopping towards the green.

3:56 pm

I small pin hole leak in the irrigation system causing a mist beside the 7th tee.

4:16 pm

A nice wooded shot looking back up the mountain.

4:19 pm

At the end of the day, I guess we all are just looking for a little shady spot where we can enjoy our nuts. My day hasn't ended yet. I took a couple of hours break for dinner and was back here at 10 pm watering fairways all night long. Got home at 11am Sunday morning, which meant I was up for 32 hours straight... UGH!!











Bonus Pic

Took this two days ago. I wasn't going to put this in, but I got quite a few good shots of this Red Tail Hawk and I thought I would share one with you.

2 comments:

Pete Cullen said...

Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Especially like the nature ones, naturally. No pun intended :)

Lisa B said...

Great nature pics!