Friday, November 13, 2009

November 2009 12 of 12 - Washed Out Day

Credit for the 12 of 12 goes to Chad Darnell. Thanks Chad!

It was a wet cold day all around. So since it was a washout I decided to wash out my photos. It's all black and white this month. All the outside photos came out so color dull, turning them to B&W actually made them look a whole lot better anyway.


6:38am - My Office - Philadelphia, PA

Looks like one of my new secretaries was having a bit of fun with my paper clips overnight.

6:45am - Still in my office

"It wasn't me". Okay, I believe her. This is Lucky. God only knows how many rescued cats out there are named Lucky, but who am I to judge. My new mechanic and his wife rescued her and her litter a few months ago. They placed all, but her and two of her kittens, 1 male, 1 female. We took Lucky and her daughter, Scout. They are keeping the male... everyone is happy.

6:47am - Once again, in my office

Breakfast... Everything bagel with sausage, egg, and cheese and my first cup of coffee for the day.

7:41am - Another one from my office

I finally went and got glasses. The opthamologist wanted me to get bifocals, but gave me the option of just getting a pair for distance. I opted for the distance glasses since it was going to be hard enough to get used to wearing these since I really never had to wear glasses before. I'm still leaving them either at home, in the truck, or at the office. It's going to take a bit of time till I get used to wearing them... if I ever do.

8:34am - You know where by now

Here's Scout. She's purrfectly happy on my desk... especially on top of my laptop. I don't know how many times I've come back to find my computer turned off and in hibernation mode.
I think computer manufactuers have circuits to figure out when they have a cat laying on the keyboard. Last thing I need is to have my computer randomly reconfigured by my secretaries.
10:27am - In the shop ...Yea! out of the office at last

Paul, my mechanic split this Kubota tractor. It's been sitting idle since 2001, deemed a complete loss by the previous mechanic. After giving it a quick going over Paul had it running after only two hours, but found a problem he thought to be blown rear engine seal. He split it open (not an easy thing to do with only a floor jack and a dolly) this morning and discovered the oil leak was from a bad transmission seal. So, instead of a weeks work and a possible couple of hundred $ in parts, he should have it back together within hours of getting the seal. That may take a week or two as it needs to be ordered by our supplier.

12:27pm - Back in the office

Salad and chili for lunch ...and they had soft pretzels up at the pro shop (I'm so bad. Don't tell my endocrinologist). Outside of cheesesteaks, the soft pretzel is probably the one food most associated with Philly. I love how my wide angle lens can make things look so much bigger without making things look distorted.

3:35pm - St Joe's University, Philadelphia, PA

Done with work and I'm off to the brew pub. Okay, being bad again today, but haven't had a beer in more than a few days and rainy days make me feel so blah. I need a pick me up. ...and the food is rather good too.

4:51pm - Media, PA

Sitting at the bar of one of my favorite brew pubs looking out the huge window front... I really like the trolleys as they ramble by. There's something, not only about hearing the clack of the tracks, but feeling it come up from the floors right through the bar stool.

5:48pm - Media, PA

Dinner is served. I ate about half the sirlion before I remembered to take a shot.

6:37pm - Madia, PA

This is my third. Drank one before I ordered, one while I waited for my meal and while I ate it, and now this one.

9:04pm - Media, PA

Thought I would take a few photos around Media before I head home. I love this town. It has such a boardwalk seaside feel to it. ...so much different than the rest of the Philly area.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Beautiful shots!

I like the beer stein. :)

Pete Cullen said...

Nice work Gary, love the b&w theme this month!


10 points for your corny joke too on my blog hehe :) oh and wait until next year for SSD drives, sizes go up, prices come down.

TJ said...

Making them B&W really worked. I love the one through the window with what looks like a tram passing by. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing...

Jeff said...

great 12! im gonna steal your b/w idea for later on ;-)

Bec said...

These photos look fabulous in black & white!
I could really go for a soft pretzel!!

Jill said...

Your "secretaries" are beautiful. Truly stunning in black & white.
Thanks for sharing your day.

JCB said...

I love your pictures.