Wednesday, January 6, 2010

December 2009 12 of 12 - Better Late Than Never

Credit as always goes to Chad Darnell.

Well, things didn't go as planned. Went to download my photos on Sunday the 13th when a virus grabbed hold of my computer. To make a long story short, I didn't lose any data, but it was a nasty bugger. Norton 360 didn't do crap. Even after a direct scan on the offending files, Norton said the files were fine. I was able to disable a major portion of the virus, but there was still plenty that emmbeded itself into the operating system. I called Norton's help line and the only thing they would do would cost me $200. After I spent my $89 for 2 years of so called "protection", some Indian reading from a script tries to to extort another $200 when the software falls flat on it's (inter)face. Well, Peter Norton can kiss my... Ooops, I think I got a litlle off track here. Bottom line, I'll never buy another Norton product again and I recommend you do the same.

Well here's my day, late as it might be.












No comments: