Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 2010 12 of 12

Credit as always goes to Chad Darnell.

Just another average day in Philly, so no major themes running through this month's entry.

7:25 am - Philadelphia, PA (Roxborough)

It's way too early in the season for these guys, but we have had some real strange weather. Near record heat for a number of days then cold again. It's going to be a unpredictable year I feel.












10:13 am - Roxborough

A shot of the putting green. Got to get some new flags. These are really faded.
















10:39 am - Roxborough

Scout on the prowl...




10:40 am - Roxborough

...and here's her mom, Lucky.






















11:52 am - Frankford-Torsdale section of Philadelphia


Here is Dennis "Ace" Ventura at JFB golf course. He used to work behind the counter at another course we both used to work at. Good seeing old friends.



















12:01 pm - Philadelphia, PA

I made a quick run across the city to another course to check out a couple pieces of equipment for which I'm looking to trade another couple pieces that I have. It's a win/win situation since we both have machines that are gathering dust in our own barns that the other fellow can use. This is one machine ...not running at the moment, but I have a really good mechanic. Even if he can't get it running, we have one like it and we can always use it for parts.







12:59 pm - General Grants American Grill, Philadelphia, PA

I also ran into a salesman (Jimmy) I know at JFB, one that I just bought a couple of skids of goods from. That means free lunch where I come from. These are Jimmy's not mine, but they look good. I had the Captain Carol.


1:29 pm - General Grant's

...It also means free beer too.




















2:09 pm - General Grant's

Philly's home opener... yea, they won.






3:05 pm - Roxborough

Coach ...caught him off guard.



















3:14 pm - Roxborough

Someone walking his dog. Glad to see he picked up after him.





3:16 pm - Roxborough

Light Breeze catching one of our banners.





















That's it for this month ...nothing special, just another day caught with my camera.

2 comments:

Pete Cullen said...

Hi Gary, it amazes me how you can have Filthadelpia on the one hand, and the other beautiful greens on the course like that.

Excellent pictures as always, Scout looking cute as ever. And free beer AND food? Chalk that one down to a great day in my book! :)

JCB said...

Oh what I would do for a good mechanic!
I work at a college in Canada that used to have an amazing turfgrass program. Lots of golfers up here for school!