Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 2010 12 of 12 - Drive By Shooting

Credit as always goes to Chad Darnell.

Rainy day in Philly. So I couldn't get any decent shots out on the course. I did have to make a paperwork run to the our office in the Kensington section of the city. I took the opportunity to take several shots on the way.



7:13 am Upper Darby, PA

Breakfast


7:51 am Philadelphia, PA (Roxborough)

This is our core harvester. It's a little hard to easily explain what it does, but it basically is a time saver.













7:54 am Philadelphia, PA

Lucky is always into whatever I'm doing. Whenever I'm in the office she is only a few feet away.














7:54 am - Philadelphia, PA

Scout on the other hand tends to be a little bit more aloof.


















11:44 am Philadelphia, PA

Here's Eric painting new tee markers. With the rain we really can't do anything out on the course.





11:48 am Philadelphia, PA

Now here is Nick doing much the same. The rain may be keeping us from getting any work done on the course, but at least it will melt the rest of the snow left on the course, so we can open all 18 holes.








1:46 pm Philadelphia, PA

Broad and Allegheny, Temple University














1:53 pm Philadelphia, PA

I hate how people can ruin something beautiful. Graffiti not withstanding, the amoount of trash just blowing through the streets really bothers me. This is why I call it Philthadelphia.












1:57 pm Philadelphia (Kensington)

Here are two of the half dozen or so police cars that passed me. There were at least a dozen more speeding past on the cross street just ahead of me. I always joke that the "Hot Doughnuts Now" sign must have just lit up at the Krispy Kreme, but in reality an officer was drag about a block by a stolen SUV involved in a murder out in the suburbs. They got the guy after he crashed the vehicle.








2:35 pm Philadelphia

Someone is getting a bit wetter than they figured they would.















4:50 pm Philadelphia (Manyunk)

Manyunk Brewery - I knew this brew pub existed and even knew where it was and even though it is so close to work, I never stopped in here until a few weeks ago. The beer and food I found exceptional. I was even more surprised that they have a sushi bar. This they call Wasabi Maki. Even if it wasn't the 12th I would have taken a shot of this plate ...beautiful.












10:32 pm Manyunk

Love the look of Neon. 6 hours later and I'm ready to go... I told you the beer is good.

3 comments:

Pete Cullen said...

Hi Gary, well done for getting through the copfest and rain to beer and food.
The cats look so nice, such big and beautiful eyes. Very nice camera you've got there.

Until next time...

Bec said...

The neon lights do look cool...and the sushi does look beautiful & delicious! What a nice surprise that must have been!

The baby shower is 3 months late because the baby was over 2 months early! I had it planned for Jan 31 since the due date was Mar 20...he decided to arrive on Jan 15!

Jill said...

What do you harvest on a golf course? Lost golf balls?

Your kitties are super pretty.

That sushi looks amazing. Now I'm hungry. :)